Calling all UTEP alumni! For the first time in history, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade has extended an invitation to The University of Texas at El Paso’s cheer and dance teams. Our school’s teams will march in the parade and be seen by millions around the country. This will give exposure to UTEP and the El Paso community at large, creating an opportunity to recruit new students.
This invitation is not the only first for Macy’s parade. Until now, now only high school teams have participated. This year’s UTEP teams will make history twice!
This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for 64 students, so we are reaching out to fellow alum to help make this chance a reality. By providing sponsorship, you can help offset the cost of this enormous undertaking. We hope to raise at least $100,000 for our teams. Many UTEP students come from low-income households. We want them to have the chance to experience this potentially life-changing moment. This trip will expose them to a new region and culture in our country and allow them to visit the iconic Statue of Liberty.
The dance and cheer teams do more than just increase school spirit. They also support UTEP campus activities, athletic events, and community outreach programs. This outreach includes making meal donations to Candlelighters of El Paso. They also provide essentials to the El Paso Center for Children. The teams regularly visit school campuses, motivating and encouraging continued education. They do all this work while regularly maintaining a team GPA of 3.2. This spirit program is full of amazing athletes, students, and future community leaders, all at once!
Other highlights of the New York City trip include:
- A UTEP banner hanging prominently in the Hilton ballroom
- On Wednesday and Thursday, the teams will perform in uniform for the accompanying high school cheer and dance teams.
- During the parade, the teams will wear unique Thanksgiving Day Parade uniforms.
- Pictures will be posted on the Spirit of America (SOA) website and social media.
- University Communications staff will have full access to shoot video and photos during the entire trip.
- The teams will be taken on sightseeing tours, including attendance to Radio City Music Hall’s “Christmas Spectacular.”
UTEP is close to the heart of Farah Law. Attorneys George K. Farah and Geoffrey A. Borschow are both UTEP alum and strong supporters of YTEP. In support of these amazing students, Farah Law is donating $1,000. If you plan to sponsor, act fast. There may still be time to have your logo present during the parade. Sponsorship information can be found here.
Farah Law is a serious injury and wrongful death firm servicing Texas and New Mexico. If you need legal representation, call us today at (888) 481-9359, or contact us online.