Juan L. Guerra, Jr.
Juan L. Guerra, Jr. was born in the small South Texas town of Roma in 1972.
His family relocated to Houston in 1983 and he graduated from Jersey Village
High School in 1990. Juan attended St. Thomas University and graduated
with a joint major in Business Administration and International Studies in 1999.
While attending St. Thomas University, Juan worked in the family business
of Real Estate but always knew he wanted to become an attorney. In 2003,
Juan earned his law degree from Thurgood Marshall School of Law.
Juan was hired immediately after law school by a
criminal defense firm in which he gained both practical and trial experience. In 2007,
Juan entered private practice as one of the partners of Guerra & Farah, PLLC.
He has successfully defended virtually every type of criminal case in both
state and federal courts. His hard work and high professional standards
have earned him recognition within the legal industry. Juan was selected
for inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers list in 2014 to 2017 placing
him among just 5% of lawyers in the state to be given this distinction.
Juan has always had a passion for helping people and feels strongly in
the defense of every person's constitutional rights. It is that same
passion that Juan carries every time he steps into the courtroom to assure
all clients receive a fair trial.
Follow Attorney Juan L. Guerra, Jr. on Social Media:
- Duly admitted and licensed as an Attorney and Counselor at Law to practice
in all courts in the state of Texas
- Supreme Court of Texas
- United States District Court - Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court - Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court - Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals - 5th Circuit
Awards & Accolades
- Inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers list (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- School Board Member St. Rose of Lima
Committee Member Waller County Sheriff
(in light of Sandra Bland's death)
- Committee Member Criminal Justice Mayor Turners Transition Team
- Committee Member of Harris County District Attorney’s Transition Team
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Hispanic Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Mexican/American Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association